Trientine Cap: Know the Uses, Benefits, Side Effects
Trientine Cap also called Cuchel or Syprine is used for the treatment of Wilson's sickness and contains the dynamic constituent trientine hydrochloride. Wilson's sickness causes too much copper to build up in the liver, brain, and other parts of the body. Thus, Trientine works by binding to copper, thereby helping your body get rid of extra copper. The medication provides relief as it reduces the symptoms such as problems with speech / swallowing / coordination, tiredness, lack of appetite, abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, fluid buildup in the legs/abdomen, and uncontrolled movements. In this article, we bring to you a detailed guide on Trientine Cap, its uses, benefits, side effects, and more! So, go ahead and get answers to all your questions!
Trientine Cap: General Overview
Here is a general overview of some important points to remember about this medicine -
|Composition||Trientine Hydrochloride 250 mg|
|How it works||
Trientine works by binding to copper, thereby helping your body get rid of extra copper
Trientine Cap: How it Works
Before you consume the medicine it is important to understand how the medicine works. As we mentioned earlier, this medicine treats Wilson’s sickness. The disorder causes too much copper to build up in the liver, brain, and other parts of the body.
Hence the medicine works by getting appended to copper in the body and brings down the levels by working with the copper evacuation through urine. Thus it gets appended to copper in the stomach and diminishes the retention in the body.
Trientine Cap: Benefits
The medication is known to provide relief by reducing the symptoms such as -
- Problems with speech/swallowing/coordination
- Lack of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Yellowing eyes/skin
- Fluid buildup in the legs/abdomen
- Uncontrolled movements.
Trientine Cap: Side Effects on Consumption
The prescription of this medicine is after the doctor has judged the benefits and relief it provides to you which is definitely greater than the risk. However the consumption of Trientine Cap along with a low-copper diet can increase iron deficiency which can cause the following common symptoms to occur -
- Feeling very tired
- Pale skin
- Chest pain
- Fast heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Cold hands/feet
Trientine Cap: Warnings and Precautions
The medicine comes with its own set of warnings, and it's best to be cautious rather than be sorry! Hence we have listed some important points you must keep in mind before consuming the medicine -
- Inform about your allergies - Before taking a trientine cap, it is always advisable to tell your doctor if you are allergic to it; or have any other allergies. The medication may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Share your medical history - It is advisable to share your medical history with the doctor before consuming this medication, especially if you have a certain immune disease.
- Not safe for Pregnancy - Pregnant or menstruating women may be at greater risk of developing iron deficiency while taking this medication.
Trientine Cap: How to Use the Tablet?
The following is the way you can consume the Trientine Cap, the dosage of which would be as advised by your doctor -
- Swallow the medicine with water.
- Do not open or chew the capsules.
- For best results, follow a low-copper diet as directed by your doctor.
- For best effects, take this medication regularly.
Trientine Cap: Availability
The Trientine Cap is manufactured by MSN and is a rare drug, hence can be hard to find. However, you can purchase this medicine through JollyRX, an online platform started by Jolly Technology Portal. The main aim of JollyRX is to help improve Indian healthcare by making hard-to-find drugs & diagnostics accessible and affordable. So grab your medicines are an affordable price!