Synacthen 0.25mg/ml Injection: Know the Uses, Benefits, Side Effects
Synacthen belongs to the class of drugs known as pituitary hormones and analogues. Synacthen 0.25mg/ml is used as a diagnostic test to check if the adrenaline glands next to the kidney are functioning fine or not. The medication comes in the form of an injection administered directly into the muscle by a healthcare professional. Synacthen is composed of Tetracosactide - a synthetic ACTH injectable. This drug is only for testing purposes and must not be used to treat poorly functioning adrenal glands. In order to learn more about this injection, continue reading further!
General Overview of Synacthen 0.25mg/ml Injection
The table below provides all the necessary information about the Synacthen Injection -
|Composition||Tetracosactide - 0.25 mg/ml|
|Diagnostic||Functioning of Adrenal Glands|
|How is it administered||Directly into the muscles|
|Innovator Brands||ACTH, Synecthen|
How does Synacthen 0.25mg/ml Injection Work?
Synacthen is used as a diagnostic test to check if the adrenal glands are functioning properly or not. The injection works by increasing the synthesis of natural "steroid" hormones thereby boosting the adrenal glands.
How to use Synacthen 0.25mg/ml Injection?
Synacthen tetracosactide needs to be administered directly into the muscle. The following points clearly demonstrate how to use this drug -
- Only one dose of this drug is required for the diagnosis.
- The healthcare professional will pull up the drug into a syringe and inject it into the muscle or vein.
- Two blood samples of the patient will be obtained, one before administering the Synacthen injection, and one 30 minutes after the injection.
- The test will help determine if your adrenal glands are working well or not.
Side Effects of Synacthen 0.25mg/ml Injection
There could be certain side effects on injecting, this drug, and one must immediately contact their doctor for further guidance-
Allergic Response such as -
- Redness or soreness at the injection site
- Hives, or flushing
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or other regions of the body
- If the adrenal gland, a tiny gland above the kidneys, is bleeding.
Synacthen 0.25mg/ml Injection: Availability
The Synacthen 0.25mg/ml is manufactured by Curatis and is a rare drug. However, we at JollyRX, aim to improve Indian healthcare by making hard-to-find drugs & diagnostics accessible and affordable. Hence, you can purchase Synacthen tetracosactide at an affordable price through our online portal.