Sulfadiazine Tab: Know the Uses, Benefits, Side Effects
Sulfadiazine is an antibiotic that is used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections. The medicine belongs to the class of drugs called sulfa antibiotics. The Sulfadiazine Tab is an effective medication for infections of the lungs (eg. pneumonia, bronchitis), ear, urinary tract, and intestines. The medicine works by stopping the growth of bacteria and other organisms and also treats certain parasitic infections. It is important that you understand the benefits, side effects, and precautions to be taken for this medicine. Hence we have compiled this guide to provide resourceful insights on Sulfadiazine Tab.
Sulfadiazine Tab: General Overview
The table below provides a general overview of some important points you can keep in mind about this medicine -
|Composition||Sulphadiazine - 500mg|
|How it works||Stops the growth of bacteria and other organisms|
Sulfadiazine Tab: How it Works
The medicine is used to treat bacterial infections and also certain types of parasitic infections. However, before consuming the medicine, we often wonder if it will be able to provide relief and effectiveness. So, let us understand the effectiveness of Sulfadiazine by learning how it works.
Sulfadiazine Tab stops the bacteria from producing folic acid, which is a nutrient required for bacterial multiplication. Reduction in the production of folic acid prevents the bacteria from multiplying, thus, stopping the infection from spreading further.
Sulfadiazine Tab: Benefits
Now that you know the working mechanism of this medicine, let us look at the benefits the Sulfadiazine Tab provides for consumption-
Being an antibiotic medicine it is used to treat many different infections caused by bacteria. The following are the benefits of treating bacterial infections -
- The medicine has proven quick effectiveness and makes you feel better, soon after you consume it.
- However, it is advisable to continue taking it as long as it is prescribed even when you feel better, to make sure that all bacteria are killed and do not become resistant.
Sulfadiazine Tab: Side Effects on Consumption
Every medicine comes with benefits and side effects just like a coin with two sides. And so does Sulfadiazine Tab! However, the good news here is that most of these common side effects do not require any medical attention and would disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. The following are the noticeable side effects of consuming the medicine -
Common Side Effects
- Allergic reaction
Other Side Effects that require Immediate Attention
- Mental changes (such as depression, hallucinations),
- Signs of kidney problems
- Llump/growth/swelling in the front of the neck
- Low blood sugar
Note - These other side effects are rare but serious, and hence one must consult their doctor immediately.
Sulfadiazine Tab: How to Use the Tablet?
The following is the way you can consume the Sulfadiazine Tab, the dosage of which would be as advised by your doctor -
- By Mouth -
Take this medication by mouth as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a full glass of water.
Sulfadiazine Tab: Quick Tips
As we are almost near the end of this article, we did like to prevent some quick tips you can take note of before consuming this medicine-
- Inform your doctor about your allergies - Before taking the medicine, it is always advisable to tell your doctor if you have any other allergies. The medication is likely to contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Share your medical history with your doctor- It is advisable to share your medical history with the doctor before consuming this medication, especially if you have certain metabolic disorders, kidney disease, liver disease, asthma, or diabetes.
- Reduce exposure to the sun- This medication can make you more sensitive to the sun. Hence it is for the best to limit your time in the sun.
- Unsafe during Pregnancy - Pregnant women may be at greater risk of consuming this medicine, and hence one must consult the doctor before taking this medication.
- Unsafe during breastfeeding- This medicine passes into breast milk. Although there have been no reports of harm to healthy infants, it may have undesirable effects on infants who are ill or premature or have certain disorders.
Sulfadiazine Tab: Availability
The Sulfadiazine Tab is manufactured by Jolly Healthcare and is a rare drug. However, when Jolly RX is here, you need not look anywhere else. You can purchase this medicine through JollyRX, an online platform started by Jolly Technology Portal. The main aim of JollyRX is to help improve Indian healthcare by making hard-to-find drugs & diagnostics accessible and affordable. So grab your medicines are an affordable price!