Mycoflu-L Injections: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More
Mycoflu-L is an antifungal medication used to treat severe fungal infection and leishmaniasis. The Mycoflu-L Injection works by killing the fungal cell membrane and is generally administered by a healthcare professional. It is recommended to not self-administer this medication at home. The dosage of this medication will depend on the severity of the condition, but the injection has to be taken as long as your doctor has prescribed it. If you wish to know more about this medication, its uses, benefits, price and availability, read this article further.
Here is a general overview of some important points to remember about this medication -
|Composition||Liposomal Amphotericin-B 50mg|
|How it works||Kills the fungal cell membrane|
|Storage||2°C - 8°C|
How it Works ?
Before you take the medication it is important to understand how it works. As mentioned earlier, Mycoflu-L is used to treat severe fungal infections and leishmaniasis. The medication works by killing the fungal cell membrane, thereby preventing their further growth, and thus treating the infection.
Benefits of Mycoflu-L Injection
The injection treats severe fungal infections and leishmaniasis, and the following are some noteworthy benefits of taking the medication -
-> In the Treatment of Severe fungal infections
- This medication usually makes you feel better very quickly.
- However, you should continue taking it as prescribed even when you feel better to ensure that all the fungi and yeast causing the infection are killed and do not become resistant.
-> In the Treatment of Leishmaniasis
- Leishmaniasis, also called kala-azar, is a serious or life-threatening illness that is spread by a parasite that enters the human body by the bite of infected sand flies.
- Mycoflu-L Injection kills the infection-causing parasite and stops the further spread of the infection.
Side Effects on Consumption
Mycoflu-L Injection comes with side effects, but the good news here is that most side effects do not require any medical attention and would disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. The following are the noticeable side effects of consuming the medicine -
Common Side Effects
- Decreased potassium level in blood
How to Use?
The injection should be administered by the doctor or nurse. One should not administer this injection on their own at home. This injection has to be taken as long as it is prescribed even when you feel better.
The following are some important tips you must keep in mind while taking the injection-
- Although the medication is considered safe during pregnancy it is best to consult the doctor to avoid any adverse effects on the baby.
- The medication is considered to be unsafe during breastfeeding. Although, there are limited studies that show evidence of the medication being passed through the milk to the baby.
- If you have an underlying kidney illness, you must notify your doctor.
- It is advised that you visit your doctor if you miss a dosage of this injection.
The Mycoflu-L Injection is manufactured by Jolly Healthcare and is a rare drug to find in the world of Pharmacy. However, you can purchase this medicine through JollyRX, an online platform started by Jolly Technology Portal. The main aim of JollyRX is to help improve Indian healthcare by making hard-to-find drugs & diagnostics accessible and affordable. So grab your medicines at an affordable price.