Mexiletine Cap: Learn about its use, price and more
Jollimex 50 (Mexiletine) Cap, also called the Mexitil and NaMuscla is an antiarrhythmic drug which is used to treat certain types of arrhythmias, that is, irregular heartbeats. Mexiletine Cap contains Mexiletine Hydrochloride and is available in 50 and 150 mg. It is used to restore normal heart rhythm by blocking the abnormal electrical signals of the heart. This helps maintain a stable heart rate and also decreases the risk for blood clots, and this effect can reduce your risk of heart attack or stroke. For best and most effective results the Jollimex 50 capsules should be taken regularly as directed by your doctor.
In this article, we bring to you a comprehensive guide on Mexiletine Cap 50mg, its uses, benefits, side effects, safety advice and more. So, get answers to all your questions here
Here is a general overview of some important points to remember about this medicine -
|Composition||Mexiletine Hydrochloride 50 mg|
Treats certain types of arrhythmias (abnormal heartbeat)
How it works
Restores normal heart rhythm by blocking the abnormal electrical signals of the heart.
How It Works
Let us first understand how this medicine works. As we mentioned earlier, this medicine is used to treat irregular heartbeats, and it does the job in the following manner -
- It works by blocking certain electrical signals in the heart that can cause an irregular heartbeat.
- This helps maintain a regular and stable heart rate and also decreases the risk for blood clots, and this effect can reduce your risk of heart attack or stroke.
The medicine has a proven effect in case of Arrhythmia as the capsules help stabilize the rhythm of the heart, especially atrial fibrillation. It also decreases the risk for blood clots, and this effect can reduce your risk of heart attack or stroke. For best and most effective results the Mexitil and NaMuscla capsules should be taken regularly as directed by your doctor.
Side Effects on Consumption
Every medicine comes with side effects, and so does Mexiletine Cap. However, the good news here is that most side effects do not require any medical attention and would disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. The following are the noticeable side effects of consuming the medicine -
Commom Side Effects
- Stomach pain
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Lowering blood pressure
- Flushing (warmth of face, ears, neck, torso)
- Increased heart rate
- Insomnia (sleep disorder)
- Pain in the extremities
- Paresthesia (tingling or stinging)
Warnings and Precautions
The medicine comes with its own set of warnings, and its best to be cautious rather than being sorry. Hence we have listed some important points you must keep in mind before consuming the medicine -
- Share your medical history - It is advisable to share your medical history with the doctor before consuming this medication, especially if you have had heart problems such as heart failure, slow heartbeat, previous heart attack), liver problems, seizure disorder.
- Dizzy and blurred vision-This medicine may make you dizzy or blur your vision. Hence it is advisable to not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs alertness.
- Not safe for Pregnancy - It is always advisable to take a consultation with your doctor before you consume this medicine while being Pregnant
How to Use the Tablet?
The following is the way you can consume the Mexiletine Cap 50 Mg, the dosage of which would be as advised by your doctor -
- Swallow the medicine with water.
- Do not open or chew the capsules.
- It is advisable to take this medicine with food or an antacid that helps to decrease certain side effects such as nausea, heartburn, etc.
The Mexiletine Cap 50 Mg is manufactured by Jolly healthcare and is a rare drug, hence can be hard to find. However, you can purchase this medicine through JollyRX, an online platform started by Jolly Technology Portal. The main aim of JollyRX is to help improve Indian healthcare by making hard-to-find drugs & diagnostics accessible and affordable. So grab your medicines are an affordable price.