Humira Adalimumab Injection: Know the Uses, Benefits, Side Effects
Humira is a tumor necrosis factor (TNF) blocker which is used to reduce the effects of substance in the body that can cause inflammation. Humira contains an active component known as adalimumab, which is used to treat several inflammatory conditions in adults such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, plaque psoriasis, and hidradenitis suppurativa. Humira injection is used to treat Crohn's disease, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, ulcerative colitis, and uveitis in adults and children.
Today, in this article we take you through some of the benefits, uses, and side effects of this medication, to answer all your queries surrounding this medication!
Important Information About Humira Injection
The following table provides a brief information about Humira adalimumab injection for your ready reference -
|Composition||Adalimumab : 40 mg/vial|
|Packaging Type||Pen Injection|
Side Effects of Humira Injection
The medication comes with its own set of side effects that ranges from mild to severe. Most of the mild symptoms tend to subside once the body gets used to the medication, however if they persist for longer, or in case of severe side effects, it is best to seek immediate attention-
Mild Side Effects
- Itching, pain, or swelling near the injection spot
- Upper respiratory infections, such as the common cold
Serious Side Effects
- Heart failure
- Lupus-like syndrome
- Nerve disorders or demyelinating diseases,
- Blood disorders, such as anemia
- Liver damage.
How to Use Humira Adalimumab Injection?
The following are the set of instructions that must be strictly followed while using this medication -
- It is important to take this medication as per your doctor's instructions.
- Do read all drug guides or instruction sheets on the medication label.
- Humira injection needs to be administered under the skin. Hence, it is important to learn how to use this medicine appropriately from a healthcare expert.
- In case of mild to severe symptoms, upon taking this medication, immediately contact your healthcare professional.
Important Points to Note Regarding Humira Injection
The following are some important points to take note of regarding the medication -
- Prepare the medication only when you are ready to inject it.
- If medicine appears unclear, has changed its color, or has particles in it, do not use it.
- Always keep the mediation refrigerated in its original container.
- The needle and syringe has to be used only once before storing them in a puncture-resistant "sharps" container.
- Do follow your state's or municipality's regulations on how to dispose of the “sharps” container.
Warning Signs for Humira Injection
The following are a set of warnings issued for using Humira Adalimumab injection that you must take note of -
- Humira has a different impact one your immune system. Many people who have taken this medication have developed serious infections caused by viruses, fungus, or bacteria.
- If you have symptoms of Tuberculosis, it is important to get tested for the same before starting and during Humira use.
- In case of signs of fever, chills, pains, weariness, cough, skin sores, diarrhea, or burning when you urinate before or during Humira treatment., immediately contact your doctor.
Where to Purchase Humira Adalimumab Injection from?
Humira is manufactured by Abbvie and is composed of an active component named, adalimumab. This medicine is rare and hence difficult to find, however, JollyRX, is your one-stop solution for finding hard to find drugs at an affordable price. We are an online platform, built with an aim to help improve Indian healthcare by making hard-to-find drugs & diagnostics easily accessible and affordable for one and all.