Bortether is an anti-cancer medicine which is used in the treatment of multiple myeloma and mantle cell lymphoma. Bortether 2 mg Injection contains an active ingredient Bortezomib which works by interfering with proteasomes ultimately leading to the death of cancer cells. The medication is prescribed and administered strictly by a healthcare professional intravenously or under the skin. Bortether 2 mg Injection may cause certain side effects, most of which are not a cause of concern.
In this article, we have provided a detailed insight into this medication from its uses, benefits, availability and more! Find the answers to all your questions here.
Important Information About Bortether 2 Mg Injection
Get to know some essential facts about Bortether 2 Mg Injection below -
|Manufacturer||Therdose Pharma Pvt Ltd|
|Composition||Bortezomib 2 Mg/Vial|
|Innovator Brand||VELCADE, Bortezomib|
Treatment of -
|Storage Instructions||Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight|
How does Bortether 2 Mg Injection Work?
Bortether contains an active ingredient Bortezomib which is used to treat multiple myeloma and mantle cell lymphoma. The medication works by targetting the proteasomes thereby decreasing the protein degradation in cells. As a result, the number of proteins in cancer cells rises, ultimately leading to their demise.
Benefits of Using Bortether 2 Mg Injection
The following are some of the benefits of using Bortether injection -
In Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
Multiple Myeloma is a condition wherein your body destroys bone quicker than it replaces it, causing bones to become brittle and painful. This Bortether 2 mg Injection can be used along with other cancer therapies including chemotherapy, to provide the following benefits-
- Helps patients with multiple myeloma live longer lives.
- Eliminates the malignant cells and prevents them from growing and spreading to other places of the body.
- For best results, do follow your doctor's directions.
In Treatment of Mantle-cell lymphoma
Mantle-cell lymphoma commonly known as non-lymphoma, is a malignancy of the white blood cells in our bodies. Bortether 2 mg Injection benefits in treating mantle-cell lymphoma in the following manner-
- Inhibits cancer development by blocking the action of other chemicals essential for cancer growth and spread.
- For best results avoid crowds, wash your hands frequently, and drink plenty of fluids (unless your doctor advises you otherwise).
Side Effects of Bortether 2 Mg Injection
Bortether comes with specific side effects, but most of these subside as the body gets used to the medication. However, there are a few serious side effects which require immediate attention. Hence, it is always best to know the side effects before taking the medication, which we have provided below-
Common side effects
- Low blood platelets
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Psychiatric disturbances
- Loss of appetite
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Decreased appetite
- Neutrophils (decreased white blood cell count)
Serious side effects
- Changes in heartbeat
- High BP
- Fainting and tiredness
- Cough and chest tightness
- Muscle cramps
- Confusion, visual disturbances, seizures and headache
- Swelling of feet
Precautions for Bortether 2 Mg Injection
Below are some essential precautions for taking the Bortether injection-
- Bortether 2 mg Injection is not safe to be used during pregnancy as there is a definite risk for the developing baby.
- The injection is not safe to be administered during breastfeeding, as it may be toxic for the newborn.
- Bortether 2 mg Injection is likely to produce fatigue, dizziness, fainting, or impaired vision. Hence it is not advisable to drive if these symptoms occur.
- Patients with severe renal disease should take this medication with care.
- Using an appropriate birth control method is important while taking this medication to avoid pregnancy while using this drug.
- Regular blood tests must be done during the period of taking this medication to keep a regular check on your blood cells, platelet count, liver function, and kidney function.
Availability of Bortether 2 Mg Injection
Bortether 2 mg injection is not easily found in the Indian market. With limited suppliers, what if we tell you that purchasing this medication is just a click away! Well, our online platform, JollyRX, makes hard-to-find drugs readily available and delivered to your doorstep at an affordable price. All you got to do is go to the JollyRX website, search for “Bortether 2 mg injection”, and click on” Product Enquiry” to get the best quotation for the same.