Amphotericin B is an antifungal medication that fights infections caused by fungus. Amphotericin B is used to treat serious, life-threatening fungal infections.Amphotericin B can be given intravenously, orally or topically. It is not absorbed at all after oral or topical administration and so this mode of delivery is simply for prophylaxis or the treatment of mucosal infection.
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea;
- upset stomach, loss of appetite;
- muscle or joint pain;
- headache, ringing in your ears;
- pain, bruising, or swelling where the medicine was injected;
- weight loss; or.
- flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling).