Adcetris 50 Mg 1 Vial: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More
Adcetris is a medication which is used as targeted therapy for lymphoma. The medication contains a monoclonal antibody and a chemotherapeutic medication, which reduces the number of cancer cells in the body. Adcetris 50 Mg 1 Vial contains an active ingredient known as the brentuximab vedotin. As compared to typical chemotherapy, this targeted therapy has a lower impact on healthy cells. The medication comes in a single-dose container in the form of powder and is administered intravenously by healthcare professionals.
If you wish to know more about Adcetris 50 Mg 1 Vial, read this comprehensive article that takes you through its uses, benefits, side effects and more
Important Information About Adcetris 50 Mg 1 Vial
The following table provides a brief yet important information about the medication, so take note of the same-
|Composition||Brentuximab Vedotin: 50 Mg/Vial|
|Innovator Brand||Brentuximab Vedotin, Adcetris 50 Mg 1 Vial|
|Treatment||Targetted Therapy for Lymphoma|
|How it works||Works by reducing the number of cancer cells in the body.|
How does Adcetris 50 Mg 1 Vial Work?
Adcetris (Brentuximab Vedotin) 50 Mg/Vial is used as a targeted therapy for lymphoma. The active agent Brentuximab Vedotin works by reducing the cancer cells in the body without harming the healthy cells.
Benefits of Adcetris 50 Mg 1 Vial
This medication has several benefits that can be encapsulated in the following points -
1. Treatment of cHL
- It treats cHL which is at stage 3 or stage 4 and has not been treated yet.
- It treats cHL which has a high risk of relapse or progression after a stem cell transplant.
- It treats an already relapsed cHL after having a stem cell transplant.
2. Treatment of T-cell Lymphoma
Adcetris 50 Mg 1 Vial is used to treat the following types of T-cell lymphoma-
- Certain types of peripheral T-cell lymphoma, including systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma (sALCL), that haven’t been treated yet.
- sALCL that has relapsed after at least one course of chemotherapy with multiple drugs.
- Primary cutaneous anaplastic large cell lymphoma and a type of mycosis fungoides, either of which has relapsed after systemic treatment.
Side Effects of Adcetris 50 Mg 1 Vial
This medication comes with its own set of side effects. The relief here is that most of the adverse effects should disappear within a few days or weeks. However, it is best to consult your doctor if they worsen or do not go away.
Common Side Effects
- Infusion-related reactions
- Fatigue (lack of energy)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal (belly) pain
- Upper respiratory tract infections, such as the common cold
- Hair loss
- Weight loss
- Stomatitis (soreness or inflammation inside your mouth)
- Mucositis (inflammation or ulcers on the lining of your digestive tract)
Serious Side Effects
- Lung problems (lung inflammation or respiratory distress syndrome)
- Liver damage
- Serious skin reactions
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of your pancreas)
- Digestive problems (ulcers, bleeding, inflammation, tears, or blockages in your stomach or intestines)
- Anaphylaxis (allergic reaction)
- Peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage in your hands and feet)
- low levels of red blood cells or white blood cells
- High blood sugar level
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (a severe disorder induced by a viral infection in the brain)
How to take Adcetris 50 Mg/vial?
Adcetris is administered intravenously by a healthcare professional. Kindly do not self-administer the medication.
Where to Purchase Adcetris 50 Mg 1 Vial from?
The Adcetris 50 mg 1 vial is manufactured by Seattle Genetics and is composed of Brentuximab Vedotin. This medicine can be hard to find, however, JollyRX is for the rescue. We are an online platform, that is your one-stop solution for finding hard to find drugs at an affordable price. Our main aim is to help improve Indian healthcare by making hard-to-find drugs & diagnostics easily accessible and affordable for one and all.